How to Transition Your Home Décor for Spring
It’s almost spring!! With the days growing longer, and the weather slowly changing from gloomy gray to sunny and warm, it’s time to refresh your interior to reflect the new, colorful season.
Everything about spring is light and airy, and the decor throughout your home should be just as bright. That doesn’t mean you need to repaint your home or purchase a ton of colorful accessories – it’s more about creating a welcoming and open atmosphere in every room.
It’s time to put all your heavy winter decor aside, and open your home to lighter fabrics, textures and materials.
We created the ultimate list to bid goodbye to winter, and welcome spring into your home. All you need is some burst of color, energetic patterns, and some fresh blooms to effortlessly transition your home for spring.
- Add some colorful art to not only brighten up your entryway, but also bring in the anticipation of summer to your home.
- Bring the outside in with some greenery! A vase filled with eucalyptus or tall branches is the perfect accent to see right when you walk in the door.
- Replace your heavy doormat with a light and colorful runner.
- Add a basket so you can easily hide away bags, umbrellas and grocery totes.
- Hang a mirror for last-minute touch ups when you’re running out the door.
- Add potted herbs to your windowsill to bring the outside in and kick-start a healthy habit.
- Refresh your hand soap with one in a lighter and fruiter scent.
- Replace the dish towels and any other kitchen linens that have seen better days.
The Living Room
- It’s time to retire heavier fabrics like wool, velvet, and fur into storage, and introduce linens and other lighter fabrics.
- As the weather gets warmer, swap your fluffy rug for a lighter flatweave one.
- Buy some new accent pillows for your couch to introduce a fun pattern or pop of color.
The Dining Room
- Add fresh blooms and greenery to your dining room table.
- Swap your dark drapes for lighter linen ones to give your dining room a breezy feel.
- Re-style your buffet or bookcase to include seasonal favorites – some greenery, candles, colorful vases and seasonal dinnerware or china.
- Give your bed a makeover with some brand new, breathable linen sheets – a must have for warmer weather!
- Spring clean your closet by putting your winter clothing in storage, or donating items you haven’t worn in the last season.
- Bring some life to your bathroom with a plant or a vase with leafy branches.
- Replace your bath mat with a cool and vibrant vintage rug, and refresh all your towels.
- Add a fresh floral diffuser or candle on the counter, or by the bath, to remind you of warmer days.